ProBenefits, Inc. is a third-party administrator and plan service provider specializing in administration and compliance for health and welfare benefit plans. ProBenefits administers Section 125 Flexible Benefit Plans (including Flexible Spending Accounts), Section 105 Health Reimbursement Arrangements, Health Savings Accounts, and COBRA. In addition, ProBenefits offers a range of benefits compliance services to assist employers and plan advisors. We currently provide services for over 1,500 employers in 10 states.
ProBenefits’ mission is to serve employers with the highest level of client support, compliance, and administrative efficiency.
To achieve that goal, ProBenefits relies on its core competencies, including technical expertise, technology, and accessibility.
As a fee-based administrator, ProBenefits assists employers by administering plans designed to create or increase tax savings for employees and employers, add attractive new features to a benefits program, and assist the employer with compliance and employee communication.
ProBenefits devotes its business and expertise entirely to plan administration and compliance support for employers. ProBenefits has been in business since 1976 and has been involved in flex administration since 1990. ProBenefits does not sell insurance products or administer group health claims or retirement plans.
Advantages of ProBenefits administration include:
- Prompt attention to phone and email inquiries;
- Assistance with IRS-mandated discrimination testing and other compliance issues;
- Claim review and payment (no claim-related work required of employer);
- On-site group meetings and webinars to assist with employee education;
- Dedicated administrator as single point of contact for employer;
- Benefit of our in-house attorneys and general expertise in broader benefits issues, including applicability of COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, and other federal laws to your company’s benefit plans;
- Availability and expertise relating to creative plan designs; and
- Benefit of our trained and experienced claims, administration, and compliance personnel.
Additional ProBenefits Service Distinctives:
- Flex Card reimbursement option
- Emailed Claims Verifications and Reimbursement Confirmations
- Weekly Direct Deposit (“In by Friday, Out by Wednesday”)
- Online Enrollment Option
- Advanced web access for participants, administrators, and brokers
- Ability to accept payroll and data feeds
- Compliance Update newsletters and bulletins
- In-House Benefits Attorneys to assist with plan compliance and technical support
- Compliance Services – Form 5500 Preparation Service, Independent Testing Service, SPD Distribution Service, and other compliance services